Sunday, July 29, 2012

Eraserheads. my famous UP Dorm roomates

                              

At last, I now have completed the updated photos with my infamous celebrity roommates known as Eraserheads. The B&W photo is the only one I had with them during UP Days. The colored ones were recently taken almost two decades later.

Buddy Zabala and Raimund Marasigan were my roommates for two years at the Molave Dorm during my last college years at the UP Diliman (1989 to 1991) before I was booted out from the dorm since I already finished my B.S. Economics in March 1991. Our room was identified as “AS 101”, with high ceiling and huge windows, which was at the end of the second floor of the Molave boys’ wing. Ely Buendia’s room was also at the second floor, a few steps away from AS 101 I think in front of the shower room. Marcus Adoro was a regular “visitor” at our room, who was staying at the Narra dorm, and sleeps in an extra cushion being pulled out underneath Raimund’s bed.

During my birthday in 1990, I did not go home to Las Pinas and instead celebrated my birthday with Buddy over ice cream while watching an old film at the TV room. Buddy is a bookworm who loves to stay inside our room in contrast to Raimund’s gimikero character who usually arrives late in the evening and misses the breakfast as he wakes up late. Too late for breakfast and too early for lunch.

Everytime they made our room as their “practice area” I usually go out since I can not study due to the “noise” they are creating. It was beyond my comprehension that the “noise” that I tried to avoid made them known as one of the most successful, critically-acclaimed, and significant bands in the OPM history earning them the accolade, "The Beatles of the Philippines”.

Moral of the story: never downplay small things, however annoying they can be. Guys that are noisemakers can reverberate through history as musical icons

No comments:

Post a Comment